Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tenderest, moistest ham ever!

Ham. Let's face it. It's just plain good. Well through desperation I found a way to make it better as long as you like a sweet ham. No brown sugar, no extra salt. Just plain ham.



Start w/ one large crockpot that is sprayed w/ cooking spray. No need to make a bigger mess than you'll already have, eh? (Yes, I did clean the lid before I used the pot! & the pot!!)



Next I used canned crushed pineapple. I have to admit that fresh would probably be tastier but canned it was! I think I was actually on the phone w/ one of my sisters @ the time. Hi, sis!



The Ham. Beautiful, isn't it? I thought it was a lovely big ham. Nice & pink. Do not buy a flavored ham. Just do a plain ham. Trust me when I say that you don't need anything but the ham!



After spraying the crock pot w/ cooking spray (I used butter flavor) open a can of crushed pineapple & dump it in!

I went to put the ham in but it was too big. So cut it up I did & in the process I cut out some of the fat. Don't worry, you won't miss it. As I put the ham in I layered some pineapple w/ it. I think I ended up using 4 cans. That was one big ham!


Guess what? Everybody loved it so much that I forgot to get some pix. Trust me when I tell you that this is the best way ever to prepare a ham. It literally fell off the bone. Now that can be somewhat bad when you want to make sandwiches but the flavor is such that no one seemed to mind. I'll remember to take a pix @ Thanksgiving. How's that!

Ingredients:

Ham
Crushed Pineapple
Cooking Spray

Use large crock pot. Spray w/ cooking spray. Dump in 1 can of crushed pineapple. Add ham & as much pineapple as needed. Cook all day until tender. Eat.

3 comments:

Shy said...

This was great! Loved it!! Will be making for my family. :)

sues2u2 said...

Glad you liked Shi. I was pretty nervous about serving it to book club but glad that it worked after all.

Anonymous said...

love this recipe will try out in my slow cook next week

thanks pennypincher xxx