Wednesday, July 2, 2008

First post! - Yummy breakfast pizza


My first recipe that I decided to use is Breakfast pizza! It is quick & easy & relatively not too bad for you!

Yep, made out of the "Good Stuff"!

What it looks like in the dish before putting on the rest of the ingredients.

Ingredients:

1 (12-oz) package reduced fat sausage
1 (8-oz) tube reduced fat crescent rolls
1 Cup frozen shredded hash browns (can also use refrigerated hash browns)
2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
3 eggs
1/8 tsp pepper
2 Tlbs milk

Heat oven to 375F. Cook ground sausage until no longer pink. Drain.

Separate dough into 2 long pieces. Place in lightly greased 13x9 inch pan. Press over bottom & up the sides to form crust making sure that there are no holes. Try to spread it as evenly as possible.

Spoon sausage evenly over crust. Sprinkle with potatoes & cheese. Beat eggs well & then add remaining ingredients. Mix well & pour over cheese in crust.

Bake @ 375F for 18 - 23 minutes or until center is set (touch lightly with finger) & edges are deep golden brown. Serve hot with cold green salad & fresh fruit.

*This is one of my "fall back upon" recipes. To make it easier I buy 4 or 5 tubes of sausage & cook it. I rinse it in warm/hot water & drain. Then I divide it into 4 or 5 freezer bags & freeze. Voila! The only real work to the meal is done.

**You might have noticed that there is no salt in this recipe. I don't like salt very much so I omit it if possible & if not I use low sodium salt. You might be surprised by how good it is without the additional salt!


The finished product.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you be interested in trying to form a recipe blog group or something....We could make up our own rules---it would be a good way at least for myself to expand my recipe book! :) And be assured that the recipe works AND tastes good!

sues2u2 said...

Sure, that sounds like fun! I always love new recipes. Email me when you get a chance.

Shy said...

That looks like good eats. :) I'll have to give it a try.